We are looking for an experienced backend engineer to join our team. Responsibilities include architecting, implementing, and supporting the development of large scale distributed systems. This includes social, game, and data services, as well as the operational features and tools required to operate the platform.
Pragma is creating the backend engine for games-- a platform of services and tools that allows game studios to launch multiplayer live service games. We’re an experienced team who’ve helped scale some of the largest games in the world, including League of Legends and Eve Online.
We believe that shipping world class products requires passion and conviction. We take a customer first, product first approach, and we measure ourselves in terms of value delivered. We’re a deeply collaborative team and help each other grow while striving for excellence. We are committed to a sustainable, inclusive work environment.
Our team is passionate about building for massive scale and treating engineering as a craft. This means investing in architecture and design, test automation, tooling, and continuous improvement. We hold ourselves to a high standard both in our products and our culture. We look for product minded individuals who will invest in their team and their work.
- Work with product, design, engineering and customers to define roadmap.
- Architect, implement, and deliver features with engineering practices such as pair programming, test driven development, software design principles, etc.
- Support customer onboarding, integration, and implementation.
- Develop and maintain operational tools around the full lifecycle, such as build / CI, infrastructure and deployment, and developer tools.
- Mastery of an enterprise language, such as Java, Kotlin, C#, or similar. The platform is written in Kotlin.
- Experience with a SQL based relational db (MySQL / MariaDB, Postgres, SQL Server, etc.). We currently use MariaDB.
- Experience building, shipping, and operating services at scale.
- Live ops experience operating a platform in production.
- Experience with automated testing, including unit, integration, functional, and load tests.
- Team oriented mindset that prioritizes team effectiveness over individual efficiency.
- Flexible and generous vacation and holidays
- 100% of medical, dental, and vision covered, 80% of dependents
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid maternity, parental and family care leaves
- Long term and short term disability