We are seeking technically savvy writers who can write documentation to help game developers use our platform. As a writer on the Pragma team, you will put your knowledge of distributed systems, APIs, and application development to work writing about Pragma's game engine.
Our tech writers are embedded within the engineering team and help shape the evolution of our products and services.
Pragma is creating the backend engine for games-- a platform of services and tools that allows game studios to launch multiplayer live service games. We’re an experienced team who’ve helped scale some of the largest games in the world, including League of Legends and Eve Online.
We believe that shipping world class products requires passion and conviction. We take a customer first, product first approach, and we measure ourselves in terms of value delivered. We’re a deeply collaborative team and help each other grow while striving for excellence. We are committed to a sustainable, inclusive work environment.
Our team is passionate about building for massive scale and treating engineering as a craft. This means investing in architecture and design, test automation, tooling, and continuous improvement. We hold ourselves to a high standard both in our products and our culture. We look for product minded individuals who will invest in their team and their work.
- Advocate for users in everything you write.
- Work with technical and non-technical teams to meet the documentation needs of our users.
- Research highly complex product features and validate with diligent testing.
- Produce technically accurate and well-written documentation.
- Contribute feedback to the team, through copy review and planning discussions.
- Follow Pragma’s git-based software development process. Being comfortable using git and GitHub is essential.
- Review and edit documentation changes.
- A willingness to get hands on with software, a desire to learn new things, and the drive to figure things out.
- 2+ years in a content development role that included writing for developers or those responsible for deploying and managing complex systems. You have written a significant amount of relevant content.
- Experience writing developer-facing software documentation. You understand the craft of technical writing and how it differs from other types of writing.
- Authored content in a lightweight mark-up language such as Markdown, Asciidoc, or Wikitext.
- Knowledge of distributed systems.
- Comfortable reading code in one or more languages.
- Happy working from the command line and able to write basic scripts and examples.
- Flexible and generous vacation and holidays
- 100% of medical, dental, and vision covered, 80% of dependents
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid maternity, parental and family care leaves
- Long term and short term disability